It’s been almost a week since my last post! Blame my Spring Break in Mexico. I did do a bit while I was down there, but it just seemed wasteful to sit inside in front of a screen when I could step outside to the beach.
I did, of course, still think of my next few blog posts, and opted to share my mood board with you all. (There’s only so many projects to share when you are leaving your current place, but more to come, I promise!) The last one I made for our bedroom (feel free to check it out here) I made on my own, but this time I tried out the site Olioboard. Let me tell you, completely worth it! I worried they wouldn’t have enough furniture to choose from, but they had more than enough inspiration. (And no, they didn’t pay me to say this, I just wanted to share my find with you!)
Here’s my plan for the room, with the sources listed below. I’ve love to hear your opinions!
1. We’ll be making our own salvaged shelves to add some much needed storage (check out my sneak peak!). This one is from West Elm.
2. A few posts back I wrote about the jar decals I made from our Ikea containers that will house our sugars and flours. This one is from West Elm as well. (I’ve got a bit of a thing for that store…)
3. White dishes from Crate and Barrel, but I have similar ones to display from Costco. I think they’ll really pop against the dark colour (instead of the white on white on white and you see in the mood board…)
4. I plan on reusing most of the pillows I have now with updated fabric (why buy new when I can reuse?), but I’m liking the idea of a monochrome colour scheme with different patterns. These pillows are from: (left to right) Layla Grayce, One Kings Lane, Layla Grayce and My Two Designers.
5. This is a stand in for the dark grey accent wall I (ie Shaun most likely) will be painting. (I’ll let you know what the final colour choice is!)
6. You’ll notice #6 appears twice on the mood board. I want to switch out the hardware in the kitchen, but I can’t decide which way to go. I’m leaning toward gold (these are actual brass door knobs, since they didn’t have any gold knobs on Olioboard), since I’m on a gold and white kick, but I’ve loved crystal knobs for ages… Thoughts?
7. These chairs from Dwell are fairly close to my current chairs from Craigslist. I just used these to make sure I didn’t have too much white in the space.
8. I found the exact table I (also bought) off Craigslist! This one is from Crate and Barrel.
9. Like I said, I’m loving gold and white. I think a gold bowl could add a nice touch… which of course, if I do end up with one, will most likely be DIY’ed. I couldn’t possibly justify the 90 dollar price tag from Zinc Door for this one…
10. My lovely bf is going to make me a (less elaborate) version of this bench. Happily, now that I see the mood board, white is the way to go! (Crate and Barrel)
11. I love this mirror from My Two Designers, but I don’t think I’d have the room (or the budget!) for it. I just threw it in there to see if the wrought iron would fit into the scheme.This one again, is way out of my budget at $1000 (!).
12. I knew I wanted the accent wall and shelves, but I wasn’t entirely sure of the colour scheme… This rug was my helpful jumping off point. (Zinc Door).
I will most definitely be posting more in the coming weeks! Big plans…